Here are some reasons why FreeRTOS is a good choice for your next application – FreeRTOS…
- Provides a single and independent solution for many different architectures and development tools.
- Is known to be reliable. Confidence is assured by the activities undertaken by the SafeRTOS sister project.
- Is feature rich and still undergoing continuous active development.
- Has a minimal ROM, RAM and processing overhead. Typically an RTOS kernel binary image will be in the region of 6K to 12K bytes.
- Is very simple – the core of the RTOS kernel is contained in only 3 C files. The majority of the many files included in the .zip file download relate only to the numerous demonstration applications.
- Is truly free for use in commercial applications (see license conditions for details).
- Has commercial licensing, professional support and porting services available in the form of OPENRTOS from our partner WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems.
- Has a migration path to SafeRTOS, which includes certifications for the medical, automotive and industrial sectors.
- Is well established with a large and ever growing user base.
- Contains a pre-configured example for each port. No need to figure out how to setup a project – just download and compile!
- Has an excellent, monitored, and active free support forum.
- Has the assurance that commercial support is available should it be required.
- Provides ample documentation.
- Is very scalable, simple and easy to use.
- FreeRTOS offers a smaller and easier real time processing alternative for applications where eCOS, embedded Linux (or Real Time Linux) and even uCLinux won’t fit, are not appropriate, or are not available.